As you know Independence Day is on Friday. It's a fun holiday where we celebrate our freedom with BBQ's, family & friends, food, drinks, and fireworks. The 4th of July is filled with fun and one of my favorite holidays. However, it can totally break your diet and easily sabotage everything you've accomplished in the gym this week all in one day. Scary! Well, good news, I always tell my clients that most things are okay in moderation. So, enjoy yourself and have fun. But remember to get back on to your fitness routine the next day. The 4th of July is only 1-day, not all week :-) To help you stay on the right track while celebrating Independence Day this year, here are 10 helpful tips you can apply to make your celebration a little more figure friendly...
1. BBQ lean meats such as chicken, turkey burgers, turkey dogs.
2. Use whole wheat buns
3. BBQ veggies, such as peppers, zucchini, onions, corn on the cob, etc on the grill
4. Replace chips and dip with raw veggies and hummus
5. Eat fruit such as watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, etc
6. For a sweet cold treat eat frozen grapes or a real fruit popsicle
7. Drink lots of water, especially if you're outdoors
8. For an adult beverage replace cocktails and frozen drinks with champagne or a sangria (which is filled with antioxidants and has less calories than a mojito)
9. Get some exercise by playing a game of volleyball
10. Stay active all day by swimming, going for a walk, going on a bike ride, or dancing
Have a Happy 4th of July!!!